IS HAMASAKA THE PLACE ?
People have the tendancy to think that Japan is unappropriate for vacation because too many cities, too much pollution and too expensive.
After my ! day trip to Hamasaka, I can not confirm this opinion. As I told you before it is a very decorated fishermen village, with friendly people (this can not be translated by pictures). A village with little streets and a graveyard with atmosphere (no kidding) .
A village with a beach for my own. A beach I could see from the window of my room because the minshuku (inn) is located so close from the sea shore.
There was just me on the beach and a couple of sea-hawks fishing. So pollution... Nope. I don't think so.
I went back to my room after a good meal at the Watanabe sushi house. The only sushi restaurant in the village .. with really great fresh fish.
I forgot the financiaql aspect : 1670 YEN (between 11 and 12 Euros) for a 20m² tatami room. Of course there's a curfew at 10:00PM, you need to share shower and bath tube with other people, there are japanese/turkish style toilets, but if you want to spend little money in touring Japan ... it's possible.
By the way I slept very well that night, without AirCon, refreshed by a nice see-breeze entering the windows.
So, yes, Hamasaka is the place.


People have the tendancy to think that Japan is unappropriate for vacation because too many cities, too much pollution and too expensive.
After my ! day trip to Hamasaka, I can not confirm this opinion. As I told you before it is a very decorated fishermen village, with friendly people (this can not be translated by pictures). A village with little streets and a graveyard with atmosphere (no kidding) .
A village with a beach for my own. A beach I could see from the window of my room because the minshuku (inn) is located so close from the sea shore.
There was just me on the beach and a couple of sea-hawks fishing. So pollution... Nope. I don't think so.
I went back to my room after a good meal at the Watanabe sushi house. The only sushi restaurant in the village .. with really great fresh fish.
I forgot the financiaql aspect : 1670 YEN (between 11 and 12 Euros) for a 20m² tatami room. Of course there's a curfew at 10:00PM, you need to share shower and bath tube with other people, there are japanese/turkish style toilets, but if you want to spend little money in touring Japan ... it's possible.
By the way I slept very well that night, without AirCon, refreshed by a nice see-breeze entering the windows.
So, yes, Hamasaka is the place.



<< Home